Samurai is a classic tile placement game by Reiner Knizia and set in feudal Japan. Two to four players assume the roles of ambitious daimyo competing for control of the nation. To rise above your rivals and influence the nation's cities and villages to your cause, you must prove you can lead their people. Through the strategic placement of tiles, you can establish your sway over lesser lords, the production of rice, and the region's religious leaders. Sometimes, though, even these won't be enough to establish your dominance, and to cement your claim, you must send in your samurai.
This edition of Samurai maintains the game’s original mechanics while updating it with beautifully sculpted game pieces, new leader tokens to aid in scoring, and all-new art and graphic design that draw upon traditional Japanese styles.
• An updated edition of the classic tile placement game by Reiner Knizia
• Two to four players assume the roles of rival daimyo in feudal Japan
• The rules are easy to learn but promote layers upon layers of rich, strategic gameplay
• Maintains the game’s original mechanics
• Features beautifully sculpted game pieces and all-new art and graphic design